Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iRideTigers

La Motte B&B, Normandy, France

15 posts in this topic

Having just spent a week at La Motte b&b, being cared for by the hosts Bill & Carol Smith, I have no hesitation in recommending that you book a room here.

As motorcycle enthusiasts themselves, they welcome bikers, even providing garaging for overnight parking and daily maintenance.

The rooms are more than adequate with very comfortable beds for a well earned rest after a day's riding.

The old barn has been turned into a bar and games room. At the time of my stay, drinks were done on a serve yourself basis; we were trusted to record all drinks on our chalkboard bar tab. Tea and coffee were free of charge.

Breakfast came with the room and evening meals could be booked in the morning. The cost for the evening meal was very reasonable, especially as we were given 3 courses and a drink. Carol is a good cook so there is no need to worry about the standard.

La Motte b&b is perfectly situated in Normandy as a hub for your daily ride outs. The riding and sights in the area are very good, with the D999 being a great ride north. In my opinion, there is no need to move to another location once you arrive. Just offload your luggage and enjoy your stay.

I recommend you visit their website at www.lamottebandb.fr for more information.

Bill & Carol, if you are reading this, thank you for being great hosts; hopefully, we will get to stay again next year. Mike.

I can't speak for 'peachyrider' but yeah, we've got some great stops here in the States. We have a lot of state parks that are awesome to ride through and camp at overnight, plus we've got a lot of variety as far as having mountains in some states, plains in other states, ocean on the East and West coast, etc.

Great place if you like a good laugh a drink or two and good home cooked food , a great base to explore from, the small town of St Hilarie Du Harcout is 30 mins walk away if you want a day of the bike ..

I did have the wife on the back slowing me down and telling me what to do .. Lol

She has decided to stay at home next year " happy days " so going to get a good trip planned and keep moving ..

Oh I do have to go to Greece in August and sit on a beech for two weeks ... Dam it ...

Do you mean going to Greece is your punishment for going riding without your good lady? Give me that kind of penalty anytime! :)