Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iRideTigers

Motor Insurance Claims - Get What You're Entitled To!

1 post in this topic

This post is really a follow-on from my previous post.

When it comes to making a claim on your motor insurance, it can often be a confusing and intimidating process. The result is often that you don't get what you are entitled to or feel your vehicle is worth. As in the case of my Suzuki GSXR1000 K5, the insurance company will try to enforce their own internal policies / rules upon you. For example, they will try to apply a Total Loss judgement (based on something like 50 - 60% of the market value) when all you want to do is get your vehicle repaired and back on the road!

My claims process was not proving to be an easy one, and the insurance handler was making it as awkward and difficult as possible. Obviously, I was not happy with this at all. So I started searching on Google for information on the claims process and came across a great guy called Tim Kelly. Tim is the Director of a company called Motor Claim Guru. He is a highly qualified Independent Engineer with 20 years experience as an Engineering Assessor of damaged vehicles. He sits on the Council of the Institute of Automotive Engineering Assessors. He also has an expert knowledge of the claims process from start to finish, the law relating to it and is also recognised in court as a qualified and experienced professional witness.

Tim's website ( http://www.motorclaimguru.co.uk ) is packed with useful information and advice should you wish to navigate the claim by yourself. - and it's FREE. However, in my opinion, you should just contact him directly through the website, explain your situation, and he will advise you on whether or not it would be of value to hire his services. To be honest, he puts in far more work than the fee covers.

The outcome that Tim was able to negotiate was far beyond what I thought possible or expected.

If I or my family ever need to claim again, I will not hesitate to contact him again. Cheers Tim...the motoring consumer AND insurance industry needs more people like you!